Sunday, August 23, 2009

I'm Back

I have been in the DFW area helping with some family stuff the past week. It was nice to spend time with family, even if the circumstances were not what we would have liked.
Now I am back to home on the range.
While I was gone my MIL got 3 new milk cows and 2 new dogs. We have several dogs around here, but they are all pets or hunting dogs. These dogs are "guardian" dogs. They help keep varmints and such away from the animals. We used to have some, but over time they got old and died, and we were fresh out. They are Great Pyrenees and Great Pyrenees/Anatolian mix. Their names are Grizzly and Snowball.Tommy is trying to make friends with the new pups, since the last dog they got does not like him or Stephen at all. She never has.

The milk cows are Jerseys. The one above is Buckets. I didn't get a picture of Blossom.Stephen was trying to teach Hershey to lead, but she decided to lay down instead. So Stephen sat down with her and pretended to "meditate" so I took their picture.Tyrel and Granola petted on the calf that will be sucking one of the cows, then Ty chased some of the chicks and chickens around. Then everyone helped get the milk goats in for MN. Well except me, who just took pictures. The one on the far right of the picture is Montana, she is "my" milk goat. She doesn't belong to me, but I used to milk her. Stephen had said she was probably dried up after I had been to Ohio almost a month, so I haven't been milking her, but MN says she isn't, so I may start milking again one of these days. I really enjoy it. Here are also a few pictures of Tyrel and Stephen in the barn.

No comments: