Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Just A 'stache

Stephen came home last night with a very large book about laws and some very sad news. As you go through the academy they hold you to the same rules as they will in a department once you are employed as an officer. That means Stephen had to shave his beard off this morning. I miss it. A lot. We knew that was a possibility, but were hoping if he kept it trimmed he could keep it. Nope. A mustache is the most he can have. He did keep that.

Oh well. At least I have something to look forward to when he retires right?
That book is a lot thicker than it looks in the picture. It is only one of the books he brought home. He is really excited to get started!

In other news, we have a new pup! A friend gave it to us, as he didn't want to go through the trouble of trying to sell them. It is a Hanging Tree cowdog. Tyrel named him Cactus. I was afraid to let Tyrel just name him, as he comes up with some really unusual names sometimes (treeless, truckless, perfy) So I told him we would take a vote. He said "I want to name him Cactus!" and Kimber said "Yeah, Cactus". I used to have a pup name Cactus Jack before we had kids. So I said yes, that would be an alright name.
He's a really good pup, and I really like his personality. He stays with the kids good, but isn't overly jumpy and all over everyone.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Cute little pup! I bet those kiddos are going to have a blast with him!

Wow, that's a BIG book!

Grandma said...

Gosh I thought when your mom said Stephen had to shave off his beard, that he would look like he was twelve......but I think it makes him look 'more mature' for some reason. Glad they let him keep the 'stache . Puppy is cute, hope the kids enjoy their new friend. Love you all !!!

~Tammy~ said...

And what about the name "Raffey?"