Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Tough Parenting

Probably the hardest part of parenting for me is disciplining Tyrel. Not only do I have a soft heart when it comes to it, but Ty is just so darn funny that it is SO hard not to laugh when I need to be tough.
As new as Tyrel is to potty training I usually don't get on to him for an accident. But at times like a few minutes ago, when I ask him if he needs to go, he looks at me and tells me no, and then proceeds to go in his undies, I do get on to him some.
I took him in the bathroom, carefully took off his undies, lightly swatted his hiney, and set him on the potty and proceeded to ask him if he knew he needed to let Mama know he needed to potty. I got about 5 words into my lecture and he reached his hands up and with his cute little index fingers, he plugged his ears.
I wasn't quite sure what to do so I excused myself, told him to stay there, went and laughed, asked Stephen to take over, he said no, so I went back and cleaned him up. I was caught off guard.

4 comments:

GG Rose said...

I told you he was way cute...and don't worry...he will be all potty trained before you know it, because he is sooooo smart. Love you GG PS let me know when the package gets there so I won't fret.

becky.onelittle said...

Asher does that to me too, but more often now he tries to argue himself clear with the sweetest tone and the biggest words. I usually end up having to wash his tongue for his naughty, dirty, disobedient words. It's so funny because he's still little enough that he shouldn't really be able to reason out arguments that well, but he definately has the gift of the gab. Preacher or politician, right?

Ruth said...

oh my gosh.

I can just see him sticking his fingers in his ears... Little Steven. :))))

See ya!
Ruth

Ruth said...

oh my gosh.

I can just see him sticking his fingers in his ears... Little Steven. :))))

See ya!
Ruth