Thursday, October 29, 2009

Just Rambling

Today is the first day that I have spent alone with my 2 kiddos. Stephen is headed out to Utah tonight, and my MIL and her younger chillins are in town today. It has gone good. I have been over here at my MIL's house most of the day. Not sure why, I just didn't want to be at home. It is weird, because even though I've been over here a lot lately, I've really just felt like being home until today.
Tommy should be home from work in a little bit. I suppose I should get some supper made. I am hoping that he won't mind making a trade with me. He hates doing laundry, and I don't care for washing dishes. So I did his laundry yesterday, and hope he'll wash dishes for me. :) If not, that is okay, I feel kinda guilty wanting him to, when he has worked all day.

Kimber and I had a diaper disaster yesterday. I'll spare you the gory details, just know is was pretty nasty. A poopy sling, skirt, 2 diapers, several paper towels, wipes and boppy pillow later.

The other day someone was suggesting/joking-ish that Stephen should run for county something or other...I don't remember what office they suggested. Stephen said he has thought of running for some kind of local office, but he would feel kinda hypocritical. "I'm for smaller government, Vote for me!" He also says he might be good at spouting his political convictions to me, but doesn't think he'd be able to in front of other people.

Tyrel is SO affectionate towards Kimber I have to run him off sometimes. He practically smothers her with kisses, hugs, pats, holding her hand, etc...
Earlier he wanted to hold her in his lap...again... so I set her in his lap (still holding on to her of course) and after a minute I started to take her back and he wrapped his arms around her a little tighter and said "Noooo, miiiiiiiiine!"
I had been somewhat worried about jealousy before she was born, but that hasn't been an issue at all.

We will hopefully be going to Arkansas to see my family for Thanksgiving this year. Most of my siblings should be there, plus some of my grandparents and a niece and nephew also. I hope we get to stay a couple days, but that will depend on loads for the trucking company. Business used to slow down about Thanksgiving and then a little before New Years, but that wasn't the case last year, and may not be this year. I understand if we can't stay long though, because when you work for yourself, if you don't work, you don't make money. Stephen has been purposely not going with me to visit family for over a year now, so he can take time off to take some classes eventually. He is wanting to start his own business on the side sometime. Unless they can find some uhhh, better, drivers than they have now, then it might be awhile before that can happen either though.

Anyways, I guess I was just feeling rambly. I don't think I even posted anything I had originally thought of, but this is where my train of thought led today.

No comments: