Wednesday, May 11, 2011

God's Grace and Mother's Day

A little after midnight I believe it was, so a little after mother's day, my brother Tommy fell asleep at the wheel a half a mile from WalMart where he works the night shift and rolled his pickup. He called Stephen to see if it was okay to leave his pickup at the office in town, and then he went to stay the night with a friend in town. I am SO glad that he is okay.
 As far as I know other than being sore he was not hurt at all, Praise God!
 I just saw his pickup for the first time today, when I went into town. I almost cried when I saw it. His pickup was much prayed and saved and waited for. Tommy always said that God gave him a purple pickup, so he would be clothed in purple. :)

Aren't you glad he didn't have a passenger?
  He also used to sing a song I've heard on K-Love before TO his pickup. Something along the lines of. "God gave me you for the ups and downs, God gave me you for the days of doubt" So when I saw it, that was all I thought of.
 So yeah, his pickup is now totalled, but I am SO thankful that he is fine, and nobody else was even involved in the wreck. My brothers all have a saying they always say to each other which is "Do a barrel roll", just because they do I guess. Tommy now says he has DONE a barrel roll and it's not all it's cracked up to be.
In the picture below, I noticed that the cups are still in the cupholder, which I thought was kinda neat.

 On a completely different note, today my SIL and I went and had a pedicure for Mother's Day. I had never done anything like that before. It was fun. Thanks Crystal!

4 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

Thank you, Lord, for keeping my children safe!

Sarah said...

Oh my! That was quite an accident! So glad your brother was okay.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

So glad Tommy is ok. Those photos tell a story. Love your toes. My friend dragged me to this a while back and I was surprised how relaxing it is.

Mary said...

Hi Becky! Congratulations back at you! I am due in Dec so we will be in about the same boat at next years retreat! Yay for new babies!