Tuesday, July 22, 2008

23 before 25...because I still don't have 2 to add

So..after 4 months, how is my 25 before 25 coming along? Lets have a look...
1) Learn to quilt
2) Be a good housekeeper working on it
3) Learn to play the guitar (one of many instruments I want to learn)
4) Grow my own garden
5) Can things from my garden
6) Learn to "tan hides" (no not spank Ty..."I'll tan yer hide boy!")
7) Get good at sewing I am working on an apron right now
8) Get my CHL well, I've taken the class
9) Quit being lazy work in progress
10) If I can't say something nice....don't say it. also working on it
11) Get Trevor his antlers
12) Learn to bow hunt
13) Run a trap line all winter
14) Learn to cook healthy and GOOD food (like Julie) Trying
15) Go fly fishing in the mountains (learn to fly fish also. haha)
16) Learn decent photography
17) Send the book I wrote in 6th grade to a publisher
18) Learn carpentry (and make Stephen and I a bedframe)
19) Learn to do a backbend/walkover Practiced for a while, need to practice more.
20) Learn to crochet or knit, maybe both Well, I have learned to crothet a cake...I mean a rag rug
21) Finish the crosstitch thing I started almost 3 years ago
22) Go to Alaska again...with Stephen and Ty (and other chillin's we may have by then)
23) Move into a "real" house. (I am very thankful for what we have now, but hopefully by the time I am 25, we won't be here anymore)


Well, that is about it I suppose. A lot of things are just a constant having to work on it...and may always be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becky, I read your comment on Sarah's and Leah's blog "As Lilies Sewing" that you have recently become skirts and dresses only. I understand how you could need some encouragement in that area - there was no one around me either when I started!

We recently had a Week in Feminine Dress (the 'we' being several Christian bloggers). It was great fun and great encouragement to see ladies going about their daily lives in dresses or skirts. The majority who participate are 'dresses/skirts' only.

Just wanted to pass that along in case you wanted surf around a bit and look the pics. You will probably find a bunch by just Googling Week in Feminine Dress.

Blessings!

Julie Zesch said...

After I finish school I could help you learn how to quilt if you want. I am not very good I have only made 2 quilts, but and wanting to make some more.
Annie