Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bay Window

The bay window is coming along nicely. I really like it. I can hardly wait until they are finished with it. I may never go home. I'll just live in the garage. On Tyrel's birthday, we got up and came over to the big house so that Stephen could help Doug work on the bay window. (Tommy had to work Saturday) They got the frame all built, a roof put over it, and the two side windows put in. Sometime after Tommy got home they were trying to put the big window in when my FIL said "I made the frame 5X5 and the window is 5X6!" So after calling to see if windows are made in 5X5 (they aren't). The menfolk got to work ripping apart all their hard work. They really had a good sense of humor about it. Except Stephen may have hit Tommy when he said "At least we caught it when we did".

While they were putting in the side windows, they let Tommy put the screws in the top, since he is taller, and I had joked "if anything gets messed up now, it will be Tommy's fault since he contributed now." So it is all Tommy's fault. He says if that is his fault, then he also gets credit for it looking so nice now.

The next morning before church, they had it pretty much rebuilt. When we got home, the windows were in, and now they still have a few more things to do, but it is looking really nice. Sorry I haven't taken any pictures of what it looks like right now.



No comments: